Want to improve your Dutch listening skills?
- Listen every day for at least 15 minutes.
- Choose short items about topics you’re interested in.
Don’t know what to listen to? Read Where to go for tips!
- Listen several times:
- The first time listen globally to get a general idea of the topic.
- The second time listen for recognition of words you already know.
- The third time focus on important new words – but not too many. Look up the meaning of these words and write them down in your personal dictionary.
- Optionally listen once more to check if you now better understand the topic.
Finally you can tell a friend about the topic. This is also a great way to practice any new words you’ve learned.