The beginners lessons are focussed on developing language skills you can immediately put to use in your daily life. This will help you to exchange small talk with neighbors, as well as people on the street, at work and in shops. You’ll quickly be able to understand and use:
- Common words and expressions, such as Hoe gaat het? Fijne dag. Wat leuk!
- Everyday routines, for instance Wat wil je drinken? Bonnetje erbij? Ja, graag.
- Signs and information on the street and in shops, for example Geen fietsen plaatsen, Hondenuitlaatplek, Nooduitgang
Pre-advanced and Advanced
The lessons for pre-advanced and advanced learners focus on learning to communicate about a broad variety of topics, for instance:
- Share information about work, study, hobbies, and holiday plans;
- Exchange information and opinions about news items;
- Discuss aspects of Dutch culture and society that you find interesting or that may strike you as strange or baffling.
The proficiency lessons are for highly advanced learners who want to further develop their language skills. You learn how to dot the i’s and cross the t’s (in Dutch: de puntjes op de i zetten) by writing short essays and giving brief presentations about topics that are of interest to you. The essays and presentations are used as input to learn more about:
- Difficult grammatical constructions;
- Pronunciation and fluency;
- Vocabulary, including expressions and sayings.